In collaboration with students, faculty, and local communities, the Office of Civic & Service-Learning aims to facilitate student learning through transformational service experiences that meet identified community needs. Additionally, the Office of Civic & Service-Learning seeks to provide civic engagement opportunities for students to develop into socially and civically responsible citizens.
- Kelly Bowes, Coordinator of Civic & Service-Learning - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Logan Hennessy, Service-Learning Graduate Fellow - email@example.com or 978-656-3462
- Jessica Feiner, Program Specialist for Experiential Learning - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lowell - Cowan Center, 5th floor, Cubicle 21
- Bedford - Enrollment Center (Building 9), 2nd floor, Room 201
We are happy to help you with the service-learning process. Feel free to reach out with any questions and we will do our best to assist! Service-learning is an opportunity to utilize the knowledge you learn in the classroom to meet specific community needs at our affiliates. We hope you have an enjoyable experience and would love to hear about your service accomplishments. Share about your experience on our wall!
Hundreds of Middlesex students participate in community engagement activities, including Service-Learning. These community-based experiences integrate community service with classroom instruction and meet identified community needs. They focus on critical, reflective thinking and civic responsibility and are unique collaborations between faculty, staff, students, and our community partners. Middlesex was selected by Campus Compact as one of only 13 colleges to be named as a model of exemplary practices of civic engagement.
29,887 People | 6,431 Impacts | 30,820 Hours